Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Finally!

So here it is. My first Maryland blog. Today was the day we finally got internet at our new apartment. We've actually been here for two weeks. I can't believe it's been four weeks since we left Oregon. A whole month has gone by.

What do I have to show for it?

Well... here are some pictures!

Photobucket
At a park we visited in Columbus, OH. I was really amused by the sign. It may just be that it's never really cold enough to warrant a sign like this back home....

Photobucket
My wonderful fiance in front of the pond that the sign was referring to.

Photobucket
The bedroom in the new place, before the bed was set up. It's a huge bedroom with lots of closet space. I love it!

Photobucket
We are on the first floor so we've got these great sliding glass doors that lead out to the back yard of the apartment complex.

Photobucket
A view of our living room under construction. It doesn't look all that different now...but that's mostly because we don't really have any furniture yet.



So, what exactly have I been doing with myself?? How about a few more pictures?

Photobucket
Me at the Maryland Renaissance Festival this past weekend. Ariana loaned me her 'garb' so I was properly dressed for the occasion.

Photobucket
Ariana astride a toy horse on a COSTCO adventure. I love this picture.


Aside from that, I've mostly been spending my time at home, watching the various tv shows I have downloaded on my computer. Getting the internet today was awesome because I got to catch up on all the shows I have been missing out on without internet or cable for the last four weeks!

I also just started a new job. It's nothing too fancy, but it gets me out of the house....I was so bored for awhile. I am working at the Border's cafe in the Annapolis Mall. This is mostly just a temporary, seasonal position. I figured it is going to take awhile to get a 'real' job, so I might as well do something in the meantime. Since I have mostly been looking at government jobs, it may take several months to find something. Frankly, I don't want to lack a paycheck for that long. So I have a temporary job, while I continue to look. The cafe isn't too bad. I've started the training process, which involved sampling every drink they make. I was all kinds of coffeed out yesterday after work. It was kind of awesome.

We also went to yet another wedding, here in Maryland. So many weddings! It's crazy, but I think of it as research. It's a great way to see first-hand what I like and what I don't like. CJ and I still don't have a date yet, but we are still waiting to find out his graduation date and we'll go from there.

Anywho, it's about time for bed. I have work tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment